Cold days abound. And around here, that means a lot of fog and cloud.
But instead of fighting against the winter and trying to make our living room cheery and bright this year; I have taken a different approach and gone for a calmer more neutral space.
Surprisingly, I love it.
Though I think the fact that our walls our now a beautiful fresh aqua-blue-grey tone means that I crave less colour in my accessories then I did when everything (including the walls) felt beige…
I am loving our warm and cozy winter feeling space, and want to share some easy tips for warming up your space for winter this frosty season.
1) Nothing quite adds to the warm and cozy vibe as much as adding a little fur can. Fur throws, pillows, or even sheepskin rugs create a beautiful cozy wintery feel to any space.
2) Add some metallics; they always give your space a warm and cozy feel. And the extra light they add is wonderful during the long winter evenings.
3) Bring in natural elements: I love bringing in natural elements in the winter; maybe it is just so nice to be reminded of the beauty of the outdoors during a season when you have to spend much of your time indoors due to the weather.
4) Decorate with Vintage Finds: There is something about adding old pieces with character that instantly warms up a space, no matter the season.
5) Add white: Decorating with white is perfect in any season, but in the winter white seems to speak to cold frosty days and snow… which may sound cold, but there is nothing quite so cozy feeling as imaging a warm day indoors by a fire while the world is blanked outdoors in a beautiful coat of fresh white snow.
A couple of my best blogging buddies are sharing their beautiful winter décor ideas and winter home today, as well…
Krista from The Happy Housie (you are here!!)
What do you do to warm up your space for winter?