Do you remember that kitchen renovation that I was talking about waaaaaay back in August and September?
Well, after all the major hiccups the we encountered, we finally got ourselves back into a functional space right before Christmas.
Our countertops, sink, and plumbing were ready to go as of December 19th, to be exact.
So then the whole Christmas season prevented us from doing much more….
And then we bought another house and started completely renovating that.
Ya, let’s not talk about our decision making skills at this point. I digress.
But now that the end is in sight on our new house renovation, I am seriously ready to get our kitchen renovation back on track. I am hoping to have it finished up before spring officially hits.
Do you remember the before?
And the in between?
We have made some progress….
So far the new windows and doors have been installed, as have the cabinets, countertops, knobs and pulls, sink, faucet, and appliances.
But still have a ways to go….
Projects Still To Do:
– Fill in some gaps between the cabinets
– Build a wooden hood fan
– Tile the backsplash (the whole wall behind the stove will be tiled up to the ceiling)
– Install open shelving with thick corbels
– Install a planked wood ceiling (the hubs is dragging his heels on that project – keep your fingers crossed for me)
– Install some new lighting – pendant lights above the peninsula and wall sconces on the wall behind the stove
– Add crown molding to the upper cabinets
– Add some fun paneling to the back of the peninsula.
Here is the Inspiration Board and our sources for the rest of the renovation:
1) White Subway Tile (3×6″ size) from build.com
2) Quartz Countertops in a marble-look finish (the stone is called Venatino) from Infinite Granite
3) White painted maple shaker style cabinets (we ordered them through our local Home Hardware)
4) Matte Satin Nickel Solid Brass Cup Pulls and Crystal Octagon Knobs – both from build.com
5) Braun insert from build.com for the DIY wooden hood fan we plan to build
6) Murray Feiss Pendant Lights from build.com for over the peninsula
7) Minka Lavery Wall Sconces from build.com for the feature wall behind the stove
8) Boston Bar Beaded Corbel from Osborne Wood Products to support our open shelving
9) Miseno Faucet from build.com
10) Vigo Stainless Steel Farmhouse Style Sink from build.com
Oh, and I am really, really, really hoping that we go ahead with a DIY wood planked ceiling. I love this paneled ceiling at The Idea Room. What do you think??
Well, I hope to be back each and every Tuesday for the next several weeks to share kitchen related projects with you- wish us luck in getting this project wrapped up!