Today I’m sharing some super easy, gooey, and absolutely delicious oven baked nutella s’mores and the simple technique for making open faced s’mores if you can’t make them the old fashioned way over the campfire.
We have had an unseasonably cool July this year and are definitely missing out on our usual dose of Vitamin D for this time of year. The *one* benefit of a cooler summer is that we are still allowed to have campfires. Normally they are banned by the first week of July due to the forest fire risk, but since it’s been cloudy and rainy much of the month, no ban has been issued.
It’s the first mid-summer that I remember being able to sit around a real fire outdoors and help the boys roast marshmallows to make one of their favourite treats. I mean, who doesn’t love a gooey delicious s’more?!
And with the twist I’m sharing today, they’re even easier to make than ever…
This year I mixed things up a little by using Nutella for our campfire s’mores. It’s the perfect versatile ingredient for making, what we think, are the BEST s’mores we’ve ever had. Not only does it have a delicious, rich hazelnut and chocolate flavour to it, but because it’s already smooth in texture you don’t have to rely on your freshly-off-the-campfire marshmallow to melt the chocolate for you.
But even if you aren’t “lucky” (cough cough) enough to still be allowed campfires this time of year, you can make these delicious nutella s’more treats in the oven! They actually turn out like yummy little gooey cookies that you can pack up and save for eating at a later time.
My boys were over-the-moon with them, and it took me mere minutes to pull this recipe together. I think they’d be a fun and delicious treat to offer at your next family bbq as well.
These nutella s’mores are most certainly worth a try… And while I’m sure you know how to make a campfire s’more, there is an equally as easy technique for whipping these up in your oven.
- 16 Graham Cracker squares
- 1-2 tsp Nutella per square
- 16 medium marshmallows, or 6-8 mini marshmallows per square
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Spread approximately 1 tsp of Nutella on each of the graham cracker squares.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil.
- Add one regular marshmallow or 6-8 mini-marshmallows per square.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven, under the broiler, with the door open so you can carefully watch them brown.
- Remove from the oven as they begin to brown. Place any that haven't browned fully back in for a few more seconds, watching carefully, and removing as soon as they are ready.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
- These can also be saved for a later time by placing in an air tight container after they've cooled. They are still gooey and delicious, even once cooled.
Today I’m joining some of my good blogging friends to share our favourite s’mores inspired recipes and treats. Make sure to head over to see the delicious-ness that they have ready to share with you today!
More S’mores Recipe Ideas…
S’mores Recipe | Happy Happy Nester
S’mores Skillet Cookie | Modern Glam
Homemade Marshmallow S’mores with Toasted Coconut| My 100 Year Old Home
Nutella S’mores | The Happy Housie
S’mores Recipe | Twelve on Main
Gourmet Campfire S’mores | Sanctuary Home Decor
S’mores Ice Cream | Finding Lovely
S’mores Cookies | Inspiration for Moms
Want to remember this? Just PIN it!